An award for recognition of excellence and innovation in the field of design. Celebrating India’s greatest design thinkers, practitioners, retailers and educators from established businesses to emerging practices, from entrepreneurs to educators, from manufacturers to retailers, The India Story Design Awards will represent what is at the heart of India’s design culture
Furniture & Lighting | Packaging Design | Jewellery & Accessory
The notion of Product Design and what it means to be a Product Designer is constantly evolving and is often, sadly, an underestimated role. A key aspect of Product Design is understanding the value behind every decision. Product design is adaptive. We need to understand that design is timeless. Design is invisible. Unfortunately, design has classically been seen as purely aesthetic. “Make it pretty”, they say. This is a perception we have to change.
Installation Art | Mixed Media & Graphics | Publication Design
Emotional power and visceral reaction to a set of practices that is at once diaphanous, contradictory and contested – the borders are fluid here if not crowded.
Textile Practices | Fashion
The relationship between materials, processes, and the maker, as well as the critical role that textile craft and fashion have played in world cultures.
Interior Architecture | Exterior Architecture | Public Space Architecture
Space that is both within and beyond, interior and exterior. But how are these boundaries set? What happens when spaces merge into a seamless whole – or breaks out into distinct categories.
1. FURNITURE & LIGHTING: SPACE TALE (MOLA)
2. PACKAGING DESIGN: HECTOR BEVERAGES (PAPER BOAT)
3. JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORY: BRANDLESS (THE ENGLISH BREAKFAST)
1. ART INSTALLATION: RIDDHI JAIN (LIFE AT ARANYA:A SERIES OF 4 TEXTILE ART)
2. MIXED MEDIA & GRAPHICS: KARNANI FnB SPECIALITIES LLP (THE GRID)
3. PUBLICATION DESIGN: TARA BOOKS
1. TEXTILE PRACTICES: ISHA PIMPALKHARE (UNSHELTERED)
2. FASHION: MRINALINI GUPTA
1. INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE: ASHIESH SHAH ARCHITECTS (A PENTHOUSE IN SOUTH BOMBAY)
2. EXTERIOR ARCHITECTURE: S+PS ARCHITECTS (COLLAGE HOUSE)
3. PUBLIC SPACE ARCHITECTURE: SQUARE CONSULTANCY SERVICES (THE STEEL SYMPHONY: ARCHITECT’S MUSE WITH DURGA PUJA PAVILLION)